I’m Engaged was bred by W.T. Young’s Overbrook Farm and is from the immediate female family of Overbrook’s Eclipse Champion Flanders, who is a half-sister to I’m Engaged’s dam, Engaging.
I’m Engaged herself won in maiden special weight and allowance company during her racing career, and she is a half to Grade 2 winner Fiery Pursuit (dam of stakes-placed winner Lawn Party and granddam of 2018 Graded-placed winning 2-year-old Stellar Agent), to stakes winner Stage Trick, and to stakes-placed winner Space Cruise.
Flanders, in addition to her championship racing career, is the dam of Eclipse Award winner Surfside and Grade 2 winner Battle Plan. Other top runners appearing under I’m Engaged’s 2nd dam, Starlet Storm, are three-time 2015 Grade 1 winning 2-year-old Air Force Blue, Grade 2 winner Open Water (the dam of 2017 stakes winner Raucous), plus Grade 3 winners Irish Surf and High Celebrity. Starlet Storm, meanwhile, is a full-sister to Storm Star, a Group 3 winner and the dam of Grade 3 winner Dodge. Storm Star is also the ancestress of four-time Group 1 winner in Chile and 2018 Grade 1 winner Wow Cat. You can check out her extended pedigree here.
I’m Engaged is by Broken Vow, the sire of 64 stakes winners including 2016 Eclipse Champion 2-year-old filly Champagne Room. Broken Vow is the broodmare sire of Eclipse Champion Sprinter Runhappy, plus Grade 1 winner Big World, and numerous other stakes winners.
The produce record for I’m Engaged is as follows:
- 2013 unnamed (filly by Discreet Cat)
- 2014 I’m With Miller (filly by Sky Mesa) – impressive maiden winner at 3YO for Shortleaf Stable & Brad Cox.
- 2015 foal died (filly by Congrats)
- 2016 barren to Exchange Rate. Read why we planned this mating here.
- 2017 A Ring Thing (filly by The Factor) – Maryland-bred filly is with trainer Kate Demasi at Parx and should be ready for a debut soon. Read why we planned the mating that produced this filly here.
- 2018 Battling Bride (filly by Declaration of War) – Maryland-bred filly sold for $58,000 to De Meric Sales at the recent Timonium Yearling Sale. Read why we planned the mating that produced this filly here.
Unfortunately, I’m Engaged came up empty for 2019 (find out here why we picked Kantharos for her) — so she was covered early by Munnings in another Housatonic Recommended Mating for 2020 and is due to deliver that foal in February at GreenMount Farm before heading back to Kentucky and the court of the proven veteran Include at Airdrie Stud.
You can check out more photos of I’m Engaged here.
I’m Engaged’s half-sister, Fiery Pursuit, wins the G2 Louisville Breeders’ Cup
Flanders, a half-sister to the dam of I’m Engaged, wins the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies