Waveland is daughter of Woodman, who is already the broodmare sire of over 200 stakes winners, while her dam, Wave On, won four turf races in maiden special weight and allowance company during her seven-race career, and produced multiple Grade 3 winner Sailor’s Cap, stakes-placed winners Royal Wave and Churchill Fire. Wave On is herself a half-sister to Grade 3 winner Valor Lady, both of them out of Grade 3 winner Hot Option.
Waveland herself was a winner of two races at 3-years-old for Team Valor International (once going 7 furlongs on turf, the other at a mile-and-a-quarter on the all-weather surface at Woodbine). We are partners in her with our friends at Wasabi Ventures Stables.
Waveland’s first foal was Sailor’s Revenge, who took the Auld Lang Syne Stakes at Parx among his ten career victories, and also placed in two other stakes races while totaling career earnings of $477,543. Since then, Waveland has produced three winners from four other foals to race, one of which has earned $147,452 and another of which is at $83,045 and still racing. (Her only non-winner was placed before an accident ended his career.) Waveland currently has a 2-year-old colt by Flashback, and a yearling filly by the Mid-Atlantic’s leading sire, Jump Start.
Waveland’s produce record is as follows:
- 2010 Sailor’s Revenge (gelding by Purge) – 10 wins, 2- through 6-years-old, including Auld Lang Syne S. Earned $477,543.
- 2011 I’m Not Dun (gelding by Dunkirk) – placed at 3-years-old.
- 2012 Jason’s Angel (filly by Ecclesiastic) – 3 wins, 3- through 6-years-old. Earned $147,452.
- 2013 Majestic Woody (gelding by Majestic Warrior) – 5 wins, 3- through 5-years-old. Earned $94,625.
- 2015 Ticticboomdynamite (filly by Tizway) – 3 wins, 2- through 4-years-old. Earned $50,985.
- 2017 Sailor Again (colt by Flashback) – placed at 3-years-old in 2020.
- 2018 unnamed (filly by Jump Start) – PA-bred filly foaled May 16th was purchased as a package with her dam, and will be campaigned by our friends at Wasabi Ventures Stables.
Waveland did not produce a foal in 2019, but is already pregnant this spring to Jump Start — a foal that will be the product of a Housatonic Recommended Mating which you can read about here.